Edel Malone MIAHIP
Online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Edel is a fully accredited and experienced Psychotherapist who works online using CBT with clients experiencing difficulties. Sessions vary from 6 – 20 depending on the client’s difficulties. Sessions are structured and goal focused.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy also known as CBT is one of the most commonly used and proven psychotherapy approaches for treating mental health difficulties.
- CBT online helps you to identify, challenge and overcome dysfunctional thoughts, behaviours and emotions with a qualified psychotherapist through the medium of Skype.
- CBT builds a set of skills that enables an individual to become aware of thoughts and emotions; identify how situations, thoughts, and behaviours influence emotions; and improve feelings by changing dysfunctional thoughts and behaviour.
- CBT helps to deal with your current problems, rather than focusing on issues from your past. It looks for practical ways to improve your state of mind on a daily basis.
- The process of CBT skill acquisition is collaborative. Skill acquisition and homework assignments are what sets CBT apart from other “talk therapies.”
- CBT can be an effective tool to help anyone learn how to better manage stressful life situations.
- CBT teaches tools that can be used for life.
CBT has been proven to help many different mental health difficulties such as:
- Body Issues
- Low self-esteem
- Behavioural Problems
- Inner Critic
- Social Anxiety
- Feeling stuck